Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vocabulary #9

1. Bosom: Intimate Center
She rest her head on her mom's bosom after a hard day at school.
 
2. Prudently: Conservative; practical
He made a prudent decision.

3. Inveterate: Habitually
My sister inverterately washed her hair.

4. Propensity: Likelyhood; tendency
The propensity of that situation happening is impossible.

5. Repose: State of rest; relaxation
She was in a repose after getting a massage.

6. Stripling: Young man
He is a kind hearted stripling.

7. Sequester: Isolate; Set apart
She sequestered herself from the party, to collect her thoughts.

8. Purport: Intend
I purport to finish my homework.

9. Imbibed: Drink in
I imbibed every last drop of my drink.

10. Apparition: Visual of a ghost
I saw an apparition of an old lady in my house.

11. Incessant: Continuous; on going
That is an incessant plan that never ends.
 
12. Cognomen: Name
Sir Crane is a cognomen.
 
13. Reverie: Trance like state
I was in a reverie that I could not escape.
 
14. Gambol: Play; frolick
Let us gambol through the forest.
 
15. Spectre: Visible ghost
She is now a spectre of another world.
 
16. Tarry: Linger 
Everyone seems to tarry when they come to my house.
 
17. Hessian: German Mersonary in Civil War.
He is a hessian that is in search of the head he lost in war.

No comments:

Post a Comment